Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sensory Mat for Andrea



I finally finished the sensory mat for Andrea to hopefully make tummy time more interesting. Each pattern has a different texture. She is sitting so well these days that we just let her sit on it and she sat there rubbing the different squares. I filled the inside with quilting matting so I can put it on the wood floor and it's still soft for her. The back is a fleece material which was probably not that well thought out since it attracts dirt and dog hair :(

4 comments:

Edith Andersen said...

Greta, that turned out really well. I'm impressed. Andrea was already getting into touching and feeling when I was in Denver. What a treat for her. Don't worry about it picking up dirt. She sits on the other side and you can throw it into the washer. Congratulations!

Edith Andersen said...

I can't believe she is sitting long enough to take a picture. Getting to be a big girl.

rakel said...

It looks GREAT! Playmats are the #1 thing I want to make this next time around. You learned to quilt before me :) Where is the pattern from? Your pics of her turn out so well, by the way. You are a good photog.

Greta said...

Hey thanks, Quay just got a fancy new lens for his birthday that we are taking full advantage of. I didn't actually use a pattern, I just sorta winged it. I thought about doing the quilting stitching all over but was too scared. I like it so much as is I would hate to mess it up.