Sunday, October 30, 2011

Latch Rug Made from T-Shirts

Saturday night, armed with all material on hand and one granddaughter, Moira, I set out to make this cute, green, rug.  Moira and I were excited.  It didn't take me long to see that it would take super-human effort.  A terrible attempt with a granddaughter who seldom spends the night with me.  "This is impossible," I announced after latching a few.  "No, it's not that bad," Moira tried her best to encourage me to continue.  She tried and tried.  At 9:30 pm I told her we were going to the store and I got her a latch hook kit.  She latched away and we tossed out the rest of the project.
What good came out of this? 
1. Don't do a project with your granddaughters unless you have done it before.
2. The cutting wheel, 45, is wonderful.  I used it to cut my next project and for me, it was so much better and a cleaner cut than scissors.  You need a cutting board though.  Jo-Ann's has a 40% coupon online so my Fiskar was only seven dollars.  That was worth all the effort.

No comments: