Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Swing Coat for Edie


 
This sweater is knitted with super soft yarn and should be handwashed for it to keep the feel.  It's wonderful to knit with.  Since this is for a child, I'm questioning myself and the use of fine yarn.  It's more enjoyable to knit with but I'm going to check out the washable yarns.  That's more practical for moms.  However, for tiny ones, feel is so important that I will stay with Debbie's yarn.
This swing coat turned out perfect.  It is light with warmth.  The button has blue in it to match the color of the "sweater" and large so little fingers can try to push it in the hole.

2 comments:

rakel said...

It is gorgeous! I will make sure it comes off for snack and meal time :)

Greta said...

That is beautiful, I would like one for myself. Once I have mastered sewing I will be coming to you for knitting lessons :)