Monday, October 3, 2011

Potato print art


Our new house has high ceilings and that demands big art! Especially in Edie's room where the furniture is low to accommodate her toddler stature and where, more than any room, we want it bright and happy. I saw this project online and loved it. The original maker didn't use it as kid-room art, but I think it suits it perfectly. It is colorful and happy, but still interesting and modern enough to grow with her and her room. And using potato printing gives it an organic quality that is more appealing that if it were perfect (at least that's what I tell myself when I notice all the poor alignment!). It was fun to work with acrylics. I read somewhere that the colors you mix are much better and more vibrant than those you buy. It's true and I wish I'd believed them sooner into the project. The printing took awhile, but it was a peaceful activity that you can do while listening to podcasts and whatnot.

Here's the original link.

1 comment:

Edith Andersen said...

Please share pictures of her room with me. You have added much color. :)