Monday, October 3, 2011

Reversible pants







My first sewing project with the new machine - which I LOVE! I can't believe how much different it is than my first machine. Smoother, quieter, and far less fussy. The pants I made - for Edie, of course - are fully reversible, which made for substantial pants with absolutely no seams. It is a great project for using up little scraps, too. Here are many pictures, since there are so many angles of these rather eccentric duds. I am very happy with the fit and feel of them. The pattern came from the Anna Maria Horner book: Handmade Beginnings. The pattern was pretty easy to use, but annoying to trace. I am glad I'd done a few simpler things, but over all I did these in one day during baby sleep times.

2 comments:

Edith Andersen said...

What a good idea and then the double thickness protects her knees a little bit. I am thinking that I should have a pair and then I could be a crazy old lady in crazy pants.

Greta said...

Omigosh those are so cute. I need to get back on the machine, practicing so I can do things like this.