Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Dress!





Here is the first dress I've completed (not first attempted) for Edie. It is sloppy in parts, though I tried my best. And a pattern cutting error led to the ribbon embellishment in the front. But I think it's cute. I was careful and slow, but also decided not to torture myself with perfection and at the end of the day, just get it done and wearable. And I think it's that!

The pattern is Simple Dress from the Lotta Jansdotter book Simple Sewing for Baby - which is such a great book.

2 comments:

Edith Andersen said...

I love it. She looks sooo cute in it. Although, she kind of looks cute in anything. It's impressive that you have made a dress already. I'm thrilled that you are getting so much out of your Christmas gift. :) I see that Miss Edie has her own shelf of books. She has truly been incorporated into the family.

Edith Andersen said...

The embellishment only enhances.