Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Summer tank



This was a simple and fun pattern (free online from Lion Yarns). I noticed a small hole in the body when I was already almost done with the yoke, so instead of undoing half of it, I added a crocheted flower afterward. I need to be more careful with measuring; though I'm getting a lot better at finishing, it looks a little sloppy here because the pieces did not line up properly. The yarn is beautiful, soft and stretchy. Overall, full of learner's mistakes, but wearable, I think. It will be good over long-sleeves for a little warmth or with just a diaper or undies this Summer as E runs around in the heat.

1 comment:

Edith Andersen said...

That is cute and a good pattern to learn with. Your flower addition was vintage Rakel. I would have darned (weaved) to fill it in but for a little girl's dress, a flower is a much better choice. Any breathable cotton will be good for Edie and as you said, layering will make it more usable.