Thursday, March 17, 2011

Raglan Cardigan - At Last!




Well, it took me a loooong time, but Edie's 12-18 mo. sized sweater is finally finished. The yarn was 100% organic cotton. Pretty, breathable, but a bit bumpy and not stretchy so it was not the most satisfying yarn to work with. I am very happy with the cute animal buttons that I found for it. I am currently making a knit summer tank top and have finished a purple hat. The hat looks okay; I made some mistakes. It has been a great one for Edie's dress up pile because she is very interested in learning how to take hats on and off right now. It was fun and easy to make; I will certainly use that pattern again.

4 comments:

Edith Andersen said...

IT turned out GREAT. Yes, that yarn is not the greatest to knit with but it should serve her well for spring, fall and cool summer nights. The raglan seams are just terrific. This is a nice pattern (the one we got from Stella) and I keep using it again and again.

rakel said...

Actually, this was a Debbie Bliss pattern, so there are seams unlike the raglan cardigan you made her. Next time, I will try the other pattern. I need some round needles, though.

Edith Andersen said...

The raglan seam looks great. If you make the pattern from the one Stella shared, you can make it in the round and then add the sleeves when you come up to the armpits. Just decrease by a few stitches. Then with a sewing machine, keeping stitches short, sew two seam down the middle front and cut between the lines of the seam. Then you pick up down the two fronts, one at a time, and make the button hole and button borders. It's so much faster when you can do it knit stitch the whole time.

Edith Andersen said...

Buttons are adorable. When she outgrows the sweater you can reuse buttons.