Monday, July 11, 2011

First Big Girl Dress!




This project made me want a dress form one day! It was challenging to make, since there was no exact pattern and I am a novice. Plus, I used very nice fabric (cotton lawn from Liberty), and I had *just* enough. You have to wear a tank top underneath because of the ties in the front. When it was almost done, I tried it on and was totally dissatisfied with the fit. But after playing around with the height of the shirred waist and adding a pleat under the arms to reduce the blousing a bit, I think it is much improved. It is very soft and comfortable, as well.

The project is from Prudent Baby.

2 comments:

Edith Andersen said...

Perfect summer dress. Is that a zipper in the middle? Magga likes to wear long skirts in summer. It's also a nice change from shorts and tops. Congratulations, Rakel. Well done. You are leaving your novice status.

rakel said...

No. They are ties.